If you’re looking for ultra-durable and eco-friendly trays, Servous offers cornstarch trays that check every box. As the leading wholesale provider of food packaging solutions, we offer cornstarch trays in virtually every shape and size. We regularly partner with different types of foodservice facilities, including:
Read on to learn more about our cornstarch trays.
How Are Cornstarch Trays Made?
Very simply, cornstarch trays are food-safe containers made of eco-friendly cornstarch. Hailed as the future of food storage, these trays are manufactured from the polylactic acid (PLA) found in cornstarch. To convert corn into plastic, the kernels are submerged in hot water and sulfur dioxide.
In this mixture, the components break down into fiber, protein, and starch. Then, the kernels are ground up and the corn oil is separated from the starch. Once citric acid is added, it creates long-chain polymers, which are the building blocks for plastic.
PLAs can behave and look identical to several popular plastic materials:
- Polyethylene, which is a key building block in bottles, plastic films, and more.
- Polypropylene that is used in textiles, auto parts, and packaging
- Polystyrene that is used in plastic cutlery and Styrofoam.
How Do Cornstarch Trays Feel?
Manufacturing cornstarch trays result in substantially less environmental impacts than other petrochemical-based plastics. And due to the fact cornstarch trays are not made from plastics or chemicals, there are no toxic materials that can leak into your food. Best of all, cornstarch trays look and feel like traditional plastic food packaging materials.
Properties & Benefits of Cornstarch PLA Trays
Our cornstarch PLA trays offer a unique set of benefits, such as:
- High aroma barrier
- Food safe
- Resistant to oils and fats
- Excellent for print applications
- UV resistant
- Completely compostable
- Can be recycled by grinding
- Low flammability
Cornstarch Trays Offer Exceptional Sturdiness & Durability
The unwavering sturdiness and durability of cornstarch trays are second to none. Because we offer cornstarch food trays in a vast array of textures and thicknesses, we can match the food storage application to the best cornstarch tray.
- Built for durability, cornstarch trays can help your facility get to carbon neutral and reduce its environmental impact
- Cornstarch products are toxin-free, chemical-free, and safe for people of all ages.
- As a biodegradable, recyclable, and compostable solution, choosing cornstarch trays will help you make an immediate environmental impact
What Are the Environmental Benefits of Cornstarch Trays?
As a premium packaging solution, cornstarch trays offer a vast range of environmental benefits. Most of these benefits are due to the fact that cornstarch trays are made from a renewable resource. Our premium cornstarch containers are:
- 100% biodegradable which means they will naturally break down and return to nature in a year or less.
- 100% compostable within 90 days, which means the trays will naturally degrade into fertilizer.
- Derived from a renewable resource.
Together, these attributes can help reduce trash buildup in landfills, which leads to a cleaner, healthier environment.
Learn More About Cornstarch Trays
Contact Servous for Wholesale Cornstarch Trays
At Servous, we are the leading provider of cornstarch trays. We offer cornstarch PLA foodservice trays in virtually all shapes, colors, and thicknesses.
Our experienced product specialists will help you choose the best cornstarch trays for your facility and application. However, this is only the beginning. When you choose to partner with Servous, you’ll open the door to decades of experience and a host of benefits:
- Unwavering commitment to customer service
- Tailored solutions at every step
- Exceptional value throughout the process
- Flexibility in design, color, and style
- Fast order fulfillment and shipping
- Excellent quality
Contact Servous today.